The WAPL Scholarship/Executive Committee is pleased to announce the W.A.P.L. Scholarship Program. Our funding each year comes from various WAPL cash sources, pooled together at the end of the prior year. This year, three scholarship categories will be offered, with award amounts in each category reflective of various levels of qualified applicants. The changes to the program are designed to provide greater benefits to WAPL family members and place an emphasis on education directly related to the energy business.
Scholarship awards will be determined annually by the WAPL Scholarship/Executive Committee using the following guidelines and criteria for qualified applicants.
- Scholarships are available to family members ("dependents") of persons with current WAPL membership; those students completing high school or attending a university, college, junior college or technical school anywhere in the United States.
- Dependents of the WAPL Scholarship/Executive Committee may apply. If so, that Committee member will be recused from the Committee's award determination for that year.
- Applicants may apply for a scholarship a maximum of four (4) years. If the applicant was awarded a scholarship last year, he or she may apply again for a scholarship the next year.
- The Scholarship Committee may award one or more scholarships each year, and all non-awarded funds will be carried forward to the scholarship fund for the next year. By the ultimate determination of the Scholarship Committee a scholarship may not be awarded in a given year.
- Academic merit is important, but it is not the only criteria for selection.
The three (3) categories for the Scholarship Program are:
- General Scholarship Award Amount $1,000.00 Available to any current WAPL member or their dependent,enrolled in any of the above listing of schools.
- Energy Business Scholarship Award Amount $2,000.00 Available to any qualified applicant enrolled in any of the above listing of schools, with course work in energy related classes such as geology, geophysics, petroleum engineering, etc.
- Energy Land Business Scholarship Award Amount $3,000.00 Available to any qualified applicant enrolled in a school or program specifically designed for work in the Professional Land Management business.
The deadline for all applications to the WAPL Scholarship Program is set by the Scholarship Committee. Please submit the application, along with the required transcripts and list of activities to the Wyoming Association of Professional Landmen (W.A.P.L.), P. O. Box 1012, Casper, WY 82602.
Scholarship awards will be voted on at the WAPL annual membership meeting the first of June in Casper, Wyoming. The scholarship recipient(s) will be notified thereafter, and the scholarship awards will be presented at the WAPL Golf Tournament in August in Sheridan, Wyoming.
If you have any questions, please contact Lucinda 'Cindy' Greer at 307-527-2135.